Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Race #2

So, I have decided to opt out of Collegiate Nationals this year even though I qualified. Instead I will be doing the Texas State Sprint Triathlon on 19 April in San Marcos, Texas. I figured since my overall goal this season is the 70.3 IM Austin that I should spend more time easing into other levels. This race will be a good feel for a few things such as open water swim. The swim is a 500m open water swim in a lake, which is going to be a first for me. I have not swam nor practiced in open water ever! At least I can see what it is like and when it gets warmer I can try to do weekly open water swims somewhere near me. The bike is a flat race for 12 miles which does not seem so bad. However, I am in the market for new tri shoes that are completely velcro so I can mount my bike faster while in T1. The run is supposed to be pretty hilly, so that might give me a challenge but at least it is just a 5k.

My main goal is to be quicker in T1 and T2 than my last tri. I also just need more race exposure to help calm my anxiety and build confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment