So I am number 146 to enter the water in the Texas State Triathlon tomorrow. Big difference from being #2 into the water but at least I am not the last one. The have an open transition so I am hoping I can be one of the first athletes to get marked up and enter so I can put my bike closest to the end of T1. That way I can find my gear a lot easier than the last race. All in all if the weather holds and is not raining or lightening I think it will be a great race.
The only major downside is that I have to drive 1.5 hours to the race. That means I have to get up and leave my house by 0430 to leave ample room in case of traffic, getting lost, and finding a place to park. I am hoping that I am not tired or freaking out because 1.5 hours is a lot of time to be nervous and thinking about how nervous you are. Fortunately for me, I am burning music CD's and making playlists as I type this full of my favorite jams before a race. Hopefully it will keep me calm and not let my adrenaline get pumping too fast too soon.
Well, wish me luck...I am going to post my results after I get home some time tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment