Now that fall semester is over, I have about 24 days to completely focus on my training. Today, I decided to do a short bike ride due to storm clouds forming by my house this morning. I rode 12.7 miles from my house to Starbucks and back. It may not seem like that is very far but from my driveway it is all hill for the first mile. Guess that is just one of the joys of living in hill country. After I rode home, I spent some time with my two dogs and then proceeded to clean the entire house. This afternoon I am going to go for a run around the neighborhood; once again it is all hill. At least it will give me a good workout.
I am still working on finding a pool in town that is open year round and does not cost an arm and a leg for a membership. The best pool I have seen so far is Lifetime Fitness but a) it is on the other side of town...about 45 mins without traffic and b) the membership fee is almost the same price of our U-Verse internet/cable bill. So, that's a definite no go!
Starting December 26, I am going to start eating clean again. Why wait? Well, in the meantime I am just trying to make sure I eat every three hours. I forgot how hard it was to eat six meals a day when you are busy and not used to it. Thankfully, I can set my alarm to remind me. Although, another issue is going to be figuring out exactly how much I need to eat once my training gets more intense. I had a meal plan for sprint distances but I have no idea what to do for a 70.3 distance. I have been looking online but the information varies by the person's training level, body weight, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment