Monday, February 2, 2015

The Calm Before The Storm...Err Time Trials

I must have picked a great day to get back into training. So this morning I made it to campus and it was 38 degrees outside with a 30 degree wind chill. All I had on was spandex and a sweatshirt. My fingers and toes were so cold that during the ride which was only an hour, I lost feeling in them. Luckily the feeling in my fingers came back but not in my toes. Not until I took a hot shower and then they burned really bad because of how cold they were. If you have ever been to a cold place, you will understand. Total for the ride this morning was 16.6 miles, 498ft of elevation, and a time of 1:12:27. Nothing but headwind the ENTIRE way there! But afterward it felt pretty good.

Tonight we had swim practice which was actually pretty good. My wrist was a little sore but not to where I think it will affect me too much. I learned that 44 is my special number for strokes every 50yrds for a 100yrd swim. For just a 50yrd sprint I can do it in about 30 strokes. Tomorrow we are having a 800yrd time trial, so that is going to be interesting. I cannot even remember the last time I swam over 300yrds in one setting! Last time I swam 1600m it took about an hour and that was in 2013 while I was living in Utah. So I am going to guess that an 800yrd will take about 40mins for me tomorrow night.

All in all, it was a great day to be back on the grind. I am exhausted and still need to eat something before I go to bed. I need to figure out an eating schedule fast because this is not going to cut it when my girlfriend gets back and we do T25 together. How she manages to do her job, spend time with me and our dogs, and everything else she has to do everyday...I don't know how she does it! I have only done this for one day and I am tired as heck! But if she can do that every day then I know I can manage this :) After all, if I want this bad enough and I want to get better...I will do whatever it takes and suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment