Monday, February 2, 2015

Accident Prone

So my girlfriend always teases me because I'm accident prone and always end up getting hurt somehow. Either running into the door, falling down steps, to even tripping over our dogs. Well, she has been gone not even 24 hours and I've already ended up in the ER with x-rays...

I am fine...let me make that clear. But I was at bike practice this morning and while on I-10 my teammate Jacob and I were approaching a light. I was switching into a lower gear and clipped out with my left foot. My balance was off for the first time ever and I started to fall. My right leg was still clipped in mind you. So instinctively I put my hand out to catch my fall...bad idea. I checked my bike and it had minor scratches, got back on and peddled aback to campus. As I went to pick my bike up I felt something in my wrist pop and pain just shoot up my arm. Thought maybe it was just cold. Went to take a shower and it kept popping but didn't hurt as bad. Weird. Went to the school clinic and was told to go to ER because it might be broken. Yeah right....

Went to ER...got x-rays...hairline fracture in my wrist. Doctor said probably from trying to brace myself for the fall. He said next time to use my whole arm instead not wrist with palm down. It might hurt but shouldn't break my wrist. Best part is? I just can't put a lot of pressure on it and I should be fine...whoop whoop!

I swear...I don't know how I have always played sports when I get hurt so randomly and easily. Well that was my morning...And I feel great! Can't wait for swim practice tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment