Wednesday, January 7, 2015

First Swim of Season Complete!

So last night was the first swim practice I attended for this upcoming season. I was able to meet the rest of the team and our coach, Mark Saroni, whom is a professional triathlete. After getting lost on campus for a few minutes, one of my teammates was kind enough to pick me up and show me where the pool was. I was nervous because I honestly did not know what to expect at practice. After a 100yd warm up we started doing some workouts and our last one was 4x200yds while trying to descend in time each set. I started at around 3:50 and my last one was 4:28, so not for what I hoped. While I was in the pool my swim cap came off and I kept having cramps in my left foot. It was horrible because I had to keep flexing my foot which made my kick pretty much useless. I was completely disappointed in myself but at least I can do better next time. I could tell I was out of shape but I was smiling in the water because I was happy to be there.

Tonight I registered for the Mean Green Triathlon in Denton, TX for March. This will be my first triathlon of the season and consists of a 400yd swim, 20k bike, and 5k run. I am thankful I still have a few months to train and get ready for the race because I need all the help I can get. Nationals registration opened up finally as well, but I have not registered for it yet. I will probably register for that next week as well as purchase my plane ticket. That is going to be my big collegiate race for the season. For that I only get an extra month of training because it is at the end of April, so I will have to go hard in training after the Mean Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment